In the early days, all denominations in Elkton, Kentucky worshipped at the Courthouse. The first church was built by the Methodists. In 1822, a little brick church was constructed “a little west of the Public Square on Main Street”. Here, services were held for many years until in 1851, a brick edifice was built on a lot on Lincoln Lane at a cost of $4,000. In 1872, the house was remodeled at a cost of $2,000.
In May 1911, the present church edifice was planned under the supervision of architects from Evansville, Indiana. The present church was erected on lots 13 and 14 of the John Gray plan of Elkton, Kentucky.
In 1959, Petrie Memorial Methodist Church made possible the building of an annex for the use of the Church School classes. The 1990s brought to Petrie the spacious Fellowship Hall with a wonderful commercial kitchen and numerous classrooms.
Petrie Memorial: fun, fellowship, and food!!!
Uniting for worship, education, fellowship, going out in missions across the street and around the world making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.